Monday, August 06, 2007

Jewish Star - Star of David

I received the following email from a friend who thought I would enjoy it. So, I offer it for your consideration.

"Even if you are not Jewish, this is really amazing. The Jewish Star (of David) is also referred to as a MAGEN DAVID.

ALL 24 LETTERS OF THE HEBREW ALPHABET ARE FOUND IN A MAGEN DAVID (Star of David).

THERE IS NO SUCH THING IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE.
"

For those that don't know Hebrew, the aleph (first letter, top right) is a bit of a stretch, but the other letters seem to be more or less accurate.

Interestingly, the original author mentions 24 letters rather than the standard count of 22 because he is counting the altered form of the "mem" and "nun," which occurs when either of those letters are the last letter of a word.

I'm not sure if there are any big implications in this, or if it is just an interesting coincidence. I'm sure some will see this as a sign of something. But what? If you see something, please let me know.

No comments: