Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Fotos - Land Rover Ad


This is a picture of my truck, which appeared as a Land Rover advertisement in a major outdoor magazine*.

For those interested in the details: 1995 Land Rover Defender 110. It has 400,000 km, a 2.5 litre diesel engine, factory air conditioning that doesn't work, seatbelts for 9 (licensed for 7 pax) is fulltime 4 wheel drive and gets about 18 miles per gallon. It currently has no GPS system, trusting solely on the navigator's map-reading abilities and has traveled Israel from border to border – north to south and east to west.

* Just kidding about the magazine advertisement, though I think this foto would look nice on slick magazine paper.

2 comments:

Todd Bolen said...

That picture should be in a magazine!

And who needs a GPS when you have a master navigator! :-)

Craig Dunning said...

Todd,

You are definitely the most master-map reader and navigator who rides with me on a semi-regular basis. However, I don't always (or often enough) have your skills present.

Like this evening, for example: Just as the sun was setting over the Mediterranean, I was pulling a guy out of the sand near Caesarea. He had his 4x4 pickup buried to the axles in loose sand. I guess I didn’t need a GPS or navigator for that, but I’m also guessing if you had been with me, we wouldn’t have been on the beach at Caesarea. :-)